Cisco VPN Installation Error on Vista
When you attempt to install Cisco VPN client in Windows Vista, you receive the following error:
Internal Error 2738
This error prevents Cisco VPN client from instlaling properly.
To resolve this error, you must register a DLL in Windows Vista. Do the following:
- Make sure the Cisco VPN client installer is closed before you begin.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories
- Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories section of the Start Menu and selectRun as Administrator.
cd C:\Windows\System32and then press Enter.
regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\vbscript.dlland then press Enter.
- You will receive a message that says, "DLLRegisterServer in C:\Windows\System32\vbscript.dll succeeded." Click OK.
- Close the command prompt window.
- Restart your computer.
You can now install Cisco VPN client.