Sunday, June 21, 2009

Australia Migration

where to start and how to do it??

updated 20090623

visited the hign comm physically, get in and go to the reception, try to talk to the councilor, but was rejected by the receiption, they basically ask me to ask them all the queries of course first they will ask me to visit their website, i told them i already done that. Found out basically they did not handle most of the visa application especially for the skilled migration, there are 2 option, either i do it myself via the internet online application or via an agent. I asked why they don't do it, asnwer given was if they do it, then how will the agent survice, hence it is clearly that they are using the agent model and agent are mean to be there to serve and make their profit.

read australia high comm in malaysia here..

this is the Skill Occupation List (SOL)..can get the pdf here..

email reply from high comm..

If you are under 45 and have professional or skilled qualifications and employment experience you may be eligible for migration (permanent residence) - which would allow you to work. Further information about skilled migration and all application forms and migration booklets can be downloaded and printed, free of charge, from our website: - you need Migration Booklet 6. here..

If you are interested in working temporarily in Australia you have to be nominated by an Australian employer who has need of your particular skills and expertise.

You can't just apply for a temporary work visa to live in Australia without having a specific position lined up. You might like to check our main website listed above and follow through on Visas and Immigration.

If you are under 31 (and a Malaysian citizen) you may be interested in a Working Holiday visa. The direct link to our website and in particular information on the Work and Holiday visa program is

Kind regards.

Immigration section

Australian High Commission

6 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng

Kuala Lumpur 50450


people our business

Kindly note that the visa office of the Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur, is open to the public from 8:30a.m. to 12:00noon, Monday - Friday.

For enquiries regarding student evisas, please contact :

For enquiries regarding skilled migration, please contact :

For enquiries regarding working holiday maker visas, please contact :

For further information please visit : or

what about booklet 6 - General Skilled Migration ?? see below..can get the pdf version free here..

Information forms

Form 886 Settlement details

Form 959i Migrating to Australia - Skilled Migration

Form 990i Charges

Form 1071i Health requirement for permanent entry to Australia

Form 1121i Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and Employer Nomination

Scheme Occupation List (ENSOL)

Form 1163i Health requirement for temporary entry to Australia

Form 1187i Graduate Skilled Temporary visas

More information on penal clearances is available from the

department's website

Application forms

Form 26 Medical examination for an Australian visa

Form 47A Details of child or other dependent family member

aged 18 years or over

Form 80 Personal particulars for character assessment

Form 160 Radiological report on chest x-ray of an applicant for an

Australian visa

Form 1276 Application for general skilled migration to Australia

Form 1277 Application for sponsorship under general skilled migration

Note: All forms are available free of charge from the department's


Basic Requirement

1. not more then 45.

2. English language - not sure how to proof this if I don't have any test??

3. qualitication - ok I got a UK degree, do I need to verify is the University I attended accepted by them?

4. nominated occupation - need to get the accessment authority to confirn this??

5. work experience - for freelance how to get verification??


below is the ACS details

do i need to write them to get the accessmen?

Skill Matching Database

there is such service where I can register for skill matching..

search for SAP can get something like below..

Self Points Accessment

Is your occupation in demand?

What is the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL)?

The Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL) lists those occupations and specialisations identified by the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) that are in short supply.

see below SAP is in the list..

what is the passing mark, see below table..or read here..

my self accessment..i pass the skilled indpendent visa (175)..


how much - all the fees and charges is in this form. --Form 990i Charges, see below for skilled independent about 5k AUS$ about 15k RM..

worst the charges look like going to be increase soon..very soon, see below..

all application to be send to address below

the salary survey from below..look at the that ERP Consultant not bad at all..

No comments: